Someone I was following on Instagram shared their muffin recipe with me. Thanks Ramya! It sounded simple enough and Dhyan was literally jumping when I said Muffins and he helped me in the making. He really seems to like these. I think I will be making these often. Since I am not a expert baker I tried to stick to the recipe as much as I can. I halved her recipe. Here’s the recipe –
1. Add in a bowl the following dry ingredients & mix once – 3/4th cup rolled oats powdered in Vitamix, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/4th tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1.5 tbsp. walnuts quartered
2. Whisk well with a fork these wet ingredients in a different bowl – 1 large banana, half of 1/3 cup of raw honey, half of 3/4 cup of vanilla hemp milk, 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
3. Gently fold in the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Don’t overdo it.
4. My oven was pre-heated and ready at 300 F. I used these paper muffin cups in my muffin tray and filled them half way using a ladle. I sprinkled some rolled oats on top. BTW Dhyan did the sprinkling part and placing the paper muffin cups.
5. I checked after 12 minutes and it was done! I did the toothpick test. The bottom was really brown as well.
Dhyan anxiously waited for the muffin. He was like ‘Did it rise? Can I see?’ After it cooled for a minute, I let them sit on cooling rack. Dhyan couldn’t wait any longer. It was funny to watch him dump it upside down by shaking the paper cup hard. He gobbled one in no time and went for another and another. Hubby liked the Textures but said he would love it a little sweeter. This was for Dhyan and since he is happy with it – I will not be adding any more honey. BTW I thought about using agave instead to keep it vegan, may be I will try it next time.
This is him stuffing it all into his mouth and saying that he finished it and that he wanted more !
If you are a good baker and if you can think of any healthy alterations to this recipe, I am all ears! Bye for now.