Hubby did it again. This is a perfect vacation recipe. We make something similar. We didnt have almost all the ingredients needed for that recipe. Using tortilla instead of indian rotis was both innovative and the texture was even better . And this can be put together in no time.
- First cut 4 mission whole wheat tortillas into thin strips.
- Finely chop 1/2 onion, 1 jalapeno. Grate 1/2 carrot. Halve 1 1/2 to 2 boxes of grape tomatoes.
- He seasoned with Indian spices. You dont have to. He heated up oil and added 1/4th tsp of mustard seeds, chana dal, cumin seeds, urad dal.
- Then add jalapenos and onion. Let the onion brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, rasam powder, turmeric powder ,ground black pepper, carrot. Cover and let it cook. Press tomatoes and mix occasionally. I think you could substitute cayenne in place of rasam powder.
- After veggies cook add tortillas. Mix well. Cook for a few minutes.
- Then add cilantro chopped and squeeze some lime.
- Eat right away.
PS Happy blog monthsary to me:)