We are still in Florida. Hubby whipped up a easy and yummy meal for dinner today. I am planning to make this whenever we are vacationing.
He chopped up the following veggies into big pieces – 4 potatoes peeled, 1 sweet potato peeled, 1 zucchini peeled, 2 bell peppers (used 1 red and 1 orange), 1 big red onion, one box full of grape tomatoes. Mix together lots of oil, dried rosemary, salt, a Dash of garlic salt, turmeric powder, crushed black pepper and rasam powder. Coat all veggies with this oil mix. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook for 1/2 hour. Mix once in the middle. That’s it.
Awesome aroma filled the house. We had it with whole wheat mission tortillas. I couldn’t find Food for life Sprouted corn tortillas in the frozen aisle. Do you know that all Mission products vegan friendly? 🙂
- We may skip sweet potato next time. We like it spicier
- We kept the seeds in the bell peppers intact but still the dish wasnt spicy
- Rasam powder is a indian spice mix we had at hand. You could substitute with something else or just skip it. But we used a good amount of it though.
- Coat all the veggies really well with the oil mix using hands. They should glisten.
- Turmeric is a must. It adds a lovely golden hue that’s really appetizing.
- Potatoes and grape tomatoes are a must . They made every bite delicious.