This is a quick, simple yet tasty side dish. We eat this with rice like this one. If you are new to Indian cooking, I suggest you try this. It has few ingredients. The main ingredient besides carrots is chana dal which I used in this recipe before. These are my favorite lentils. They make any dish special!
- Soak 2 tbsp chana dal at least an hour or two. The dal will get bigger, softer.
- Peel & chop 5 carrots. Pressure cook them until they are well cooked but not too soft. If there’s water drain it. Drink that water. It’s tasty!
- In a small pan, add a tsp of virgin avocado oil, a shake of asofetida, 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds pop, add chana dal, handful of frozen coconut, half jalapeño chopped. Fry a little till the dal looks dry & roasted.
- Add carrot, salt & lemon juice. Mix slowly & bring it all together. Garnish with some cilantro.
- That’s it!
It is sweet yet you get the crunch , feel the spice & taste the sourness from the lemon. I can eat it all by itself 🙂
If you try it, let me know.