It was a beautiful day ! THE END …
HAHA. Dhyan ate well played well… Its very true that kids grow , sometimes or most often parents fail to catch up ! My heart did know what Dhyan needed but I didn’t do it! Dhyan wants to be treated like a big kid – he wants to make decisions – he doesn’t want to be forced – he doesn’t want to be stopped – he feels miserable when mistreated! I am really sorry Son. Please God help me continue treating my son well… BTW, I found some inspiration in my kombucha bottle. I love Kombucha!
Summary of results –
- 10 AM Soccer class DONE
- Play @ Central market park – gotta buy and make vegan raw ice cream sandwich NOPE . Dhyan and hubby were in the yard almost half a day. It was a beautiful day. I really want Dhyan to be in Nature, outdoors as much as possible. So this is a WIN!
- I am planning to show him life cycle of frog in this YouTube video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIXoJYbBls0. He was very happy to read about butterfly’s lifecycle from the library book. I will let you know if he likes this too… Dhyan wasn’t excited and didn’t watch the video but I talked about it during our meal conversation. I don’t think he was too interested but I was glad to have something to talk about.
Tomorrow meals planned – Dhyan sat and ate in the dining table the entire day. Ignoring him & making mealtime fun works big time. I didn’t force how much he needed to eat at any time.
- Any ripe fruits on countertop&lemon sevai @ 8 He ate Fruits @ 7:30 (cantaloupe, plum, mandarin oranges). Lemon sevai was ready only around 9 and Dhyan loved it and gobbled it up 🙂 He made a mess but we didn’t lecture him or give him attention .
- Snack – Hemp seeds , cacao, goji & raisins @ 10 @11 Dhyan was okay with this too.
- Onion uthappam & coconut chutney @ 12 @ 1:30 This was a super duper hit! Hubby loved it. Dhyan was fine too. Dhyan just wanted the peanuts, after sometime he started eating the entire dosa 🙂
- Snack – Almonds,Cashews & Dates@ 2 (hoping a nap) Dhyan napped for an hour or so 🙂 And he only ate dates .
- Sathumaavu with saffron & hemp milk @ 4 He liked this too
- Snack Icecream sandwich @ 6 This didn’t happen. I need raw coconut flour!
- Last meal – chapatti aloo matar @ 8 Dhyan was sleepy and ate very little. He went to bed @8
- Unplanned snacks he had – Peanut lara bar, Blue diamond Almond habanero bbq (will not continue this, I want his food to be as natural as possible) , OJ
Other power struggles – As soon as he woke up, he wouldn’t brush his teeth – I showed him some toddler brushing videos and said that he doesn’t have to brush but I have to and took him to the restroom. But after that he started brushing 🙂 I am not sure if he is doing a good job. But I am not focusing on it right now!
At night, he said he will not sleep in bed – He wanted to sleep in sofa. I showed some children books where the main character slept in bed alone wrapped up in blanket. It motivated him to sleep in bed 🙂
Tomorrow meals/Snacks (Plan 7 like yesterday) –
- Snack Any fruits ripe on countertop
- Meal Pancake + honey
- Snack Carrot sticks
- Meal Bread PB CB cut into shapes
- Smoothie with avocado, lots of bananas, yogurt, camu camu powder, cherries, coconut water
- Meal lemon sevai left over
- Sathumaavu saffron milk
- Let him know about touch me not plant
- Teach Dhyan Numbers – count fingers and toes, number cups
- go to the park near keller library – its been a while